Philharmonia Orchestra: Live!
Experience the thrill of a live orchestra in our friendly afternoon concert for all the family: relax on a beanbag, enjoy a drink whilst the Orchestra plays and get the chance to meet musicians after the show. Immerse yourself in great live music from out of this world. The concert begins with a performance of Mothership for electronics and orchestra, a gripping piece that imagines the orchestra as a spacecraft, by Grammy-nominated composer and DJ Mason Bates. Continuing our journey through space, we bring you music from one of the most iconic works for orchestra of all time: Holst’s mighty The Planets. There is time for a musical adventure to J K Rowling’s Hogwarts as we hear the enchanting main theme to the Harry Potter films, before transporting you to a galaxy far, far, away, with music from John Williams’s epic score to Star Wars.
You might like to know:
• Tickets cost £20 or £15 and can be booked online in just a few clicks
• The concert is a little over an hour long with no interval
• There’s no dress code – come as you are
• Suitable for children aged 5+
• This performance is the culmination of a six-week project in Leicester called The Virtual Orchestra that gives everyone the opportunity to experience a symphony orchestra up-close, no matter what your age or experience. Find out more.”